What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses the same basic mechanism to move your teeth as traditional braces. Constant force applied in a precise sequence encourages your body to reshape your jawbone around the teeth. The body removes bone from one side and builds it up on the other side.
But instead of using brackets and wires like braces, Invisalign applies force with clear plastic aligners designed by a computer. These aligners achieve a stepwise progression for your smile, moving your teeth a little bit at a time. Once you’ve gone through all your aligners, your teeth will be in your desired position.
With the aligners, you can have more control over your treatment. There are no tightening visits, just checkups to make sure you’re hitting the right positions for your teeth before going on to the next aligner.
What You Can Expect with Treatment in Spokane Valley
At Collins Dentistry and Aesthetics, we are committed to providing unparalleled results in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Our Spokane Valley dentists, Drs. Ken and Marnie Collins are excited to get to know you and give you the smile of your dreams. You can expect a trustworthy and caring dental team with each visit. Here are the basics of your Invisalign treatment:
- Our dentists take the time to talk with you about the goals of your Invisalign treatment.
- We’ll take digital impressions of your teeth with our iTero Scanner and design a series of custom Invisalign trays to move your teeth in the right direction.
- You’ll show a digital rendering of what your smile will look like with straight teeth.
- Once your trays are created, you’ll wear each one for at least 22 hours per day until your teeth are straight. (You can take them out to eat and clean your teeth.)
- Visit us every four weeks so we can check up on your progress and make necessary changes.
- After you’ve worn your last try, you can enjoy beautiful straight teeth. You’ll continue to wear the last tray as much as you can until your retainer trays arrive. Then, you’ll wear your retainer trays at night to maintain your beautiful new smile.
Invisalign Dentists in Spokane Valley You Can Trust
Drs. Ken and Marnie Collins are Invisalign certified and have given hundreds of people the smile of their dreams. Whether you’re looking for aesthetic changes, changes to aid your TMJ treatment or changes to your site, you can expect high-quality treatment and a great experience with each visit. We’re here to help you be your best self with the most comfortable, functional, and beautiful smile.
Treatment Costs, Payment Plans, and Financing
Most insurances cover a portion of Invisalign treatment. However, it’s always best to check with them first before starting any dental treatment plan. If you need to enter a payment plan for Invisalign treatment, talk to our Front Desk Team about applying for Care Credit. We are happy to help and look forward to talking with you!
Invisalign is Faster
One benefit of Invisalign is that it’s faster than it’s ever been. In the past, it had comparable treatment time to traditional braces, but now Invisalign’s treatment time has been cut practically in half thanks to numerous innovations.
Because Invisalign uses a computer to design treatment sequences, the results from each treatment can be fed in to improve future treatments. This has led to better algorithms and treatments that apply force more efficiently. At the same time, a new aligner material is better at applying the forces over time. As a result, most people can cut the time they wear each aligner from two weeks to one, essentially cutting Invisalign treatment time in half!
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Invisalign can’t do all the tooth movements that braces can do, which means it’s not always the right choice for everyone. If you want to learn whether Invisalign is right for you, please call (509) 927-2273 today for an appointment with a Spokane Valley cosmetic dentist at Collins Dentistry & Aesthetics.